I’m back baby!!
In the past 2 weeks I have gotten into a bit of a training groove. It hasn’t been all rosy 100% of the time- it is a process- I’m taking it day by day- but I’m happy to report that I had a “4 runs” week and then a “3 runs” week and I started out this week with 10k yesterday and a swim this morning. Giddy up!
Things that are working;
1. Prioritizing. Which means- go for a run and leave the dishes if the kids are at daycare and school and/or the ol’man is in a good mood and will “babysit” (whatever?!) It also mean realizing I am FAR more efficient after I exercise- I have, in the last 2 weeks been back to a running schedule AND gotten back on my feet with a course I am taking. Coincidence? I think not.
2. Run every other day. My knee/IT band does not like to be called into action 2 days in a row. Cross training will be key and something I will have to push myself to do.
3. Do not panic if I cannot shower after a run. Getting the run in is priority- there are ways to freshen up without a shower, and with my schedule there are some times where I cannot do both. Big deal. But please feel free to let me know if I stink. Really.
4. I have just re-discovered the joy of on-line grocery shopping (SPUD.CA) As the working and running Mum of 6 I gotta say I love it! If you are interested in trying it use the code CRVAN-HOLSHC and each of us will get a $25 discount. They even have a huge recipe section where they show you the recipe and you can put the ingredients right into your cart for checkout. Pricewise they show you comparisons with major grocery chains and they are they same and/or slightly lower than the competitors AND if you have a standing order you get 5% off AND 20% off many bulk orders.
5. Signing up for a race gives me the motivation to get my butt out and running. I knew that about myself- so what took me so long?
What’s not working;
1. Need to stretch more need to stretch more need to stretch more…
2. Strengthening exercises… do them!!!!
3. Drink water- seems like a no brainer- but uh, apparently I have a HUGE brain.
All in all- things are looking up- Mamalegato is running and all’s well… until the kids get home and I haven’t done the dishes ’cause I was running.
3 thoughts on “Things that are working/Things that aren’t”
Bravo! Sounds like you are firing on all cylinders!
Hey. I know you guys are not made of money, but why don’t you buy a dishwasher? I mean, who really cares where you put it right? Just stuff it in the corner or something, no?
Can you believe we were offered the use of a dishwasher FREE and we refused?! Because of the renos we are all literally crammed upstairs and there really isn’t room for the 8 of us as it is, so we thought, as nice as a dishwasher would be it would just add to the chaos of too many people in too small of a space.
It is on or list of stuff to get once the renos are complete!
Oh, I see, simply not enough room. I thought that might be it. At first I was kind of idly thinking that you could put it in the new laundry room, but then I realized you wouldn’t want to be carrying dishes up and down stairs all the time since I’m sure you still eat mostly in the kitchen. Duh. Then I thought, one dishwasher probably isn’t big enough for you guys anyway. It would just get full. Then I gave up thinking about it!